Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weight Loss After 7 Weeks Raw

I've been discouraged to find that I'm not losing weight very fast on this raw food diet. I don't weigh myself because I get too crazy about the numbers, but I would guess that I've only lost about 10-15 pounds.

Don't get me wrong - I'll take every last one of those pounds. It's just that I thought I'd be losing weight much faster than this. I have only gone down one pants size, and it's been almost two entire months.

However, I will say that:

1) Weight loss is not the reason I'm doing this - it just happens to be a great side effect.

2) Part of my problem might be my hormonal issues. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that makes everything screwy, and my chiropractor told me a long time ago that might be one of the reasons I struggle with losing weight (although at the time I thought he was silly because I knew about those secret goodies under my driver's seat).

3) I'm still not eliminating the way I want to be - herbs and all. I've never struggled so much with my plumbing while I've been doing so much for it! I think I'm going to have to do a cleanse soon - ugh.

4) I carry my weight like a pregnant lady (which is kind of ironic since I can't get pregnant right now). This means that I carry most of my weight in my stomach. Even though that particular part of my anatomy seems to be the most allergic to calories (it swells right up!), the rest of my body does seem to be shrinking. My arms and legs are getting more slender, and my boobs have definitely begun to shrink, which I'm pretty happy about.

5) I'm still losing weight, regardless of how minuscule the number may seem. That means that I am headed in the right direction, and I can be sure that I will continue to lose as I continue on this path.

So, all in all, I think I just need to stop my worrying. It's not going to make a difference, and I am making a difference with my choices right now. I just need to remember why I'm doing this, and keep trucking along.

No comments:

Post a Comment